Fibre Installation Testing
- Remote Fibre Test Systems
- Fibre Installation Testing
Fibre Installation Testing with our solution
At UTEL, we have created an efficient and cost-effective solution to test your new network. We can provide structured installation guide to allow you to monitor the fibre roll out and ensure the work is installed properly. You will see the real condition of the network with a single test of all the fibres at a connectorised flexibility point, rather than having to test each fibre individually.
Only one test required, saving a substantial amount of time.
Our award-winning OTDR is located in the central office, used to validate the entire route in a single test. We offer the UTEL Multi-Port Commissioning Tool (UMPCT) - the UMPCT test provides network loss from the start of the trunk fibre to the position of the UMPCT. The test on the new network can be controlled by the FastLight Test App on site or from the central office.
No Faults Found
Our tests allow the engineer to measure the total loss of each branch - with one test. Ensuring that the branch is within the power budget at the specified distance, and below the specified port to port variance.
The test is run remotely through our Element Management System (FastLight), where the user has full control over the type of tests they want to run. We provide test types to allow network commissioning and establish a reference for the network, as well as a range of other tests to prove the on-going condition of the network.
Every test is stored in a central database, giving you a record of the work done and the state of the network when it was completed. Using these tests, you can mark it as the reference and associate the Optical Network Terminations (ONTs) with specific customer. We provide a solution that allows you to be sure that your network is of the highest standards.
- Reduced roll-out cost as the work is completed first-time, and no further fixes will be required (which should have been covered upon installation).
- Able to monitor the progress of roll-out closely, viewing all work of engineers and third party contractors, whilst maintaining full records of work completed.
- You can be sure that when our tests display a clear trace of all the outputs, that the work has been done correctly.
- Create a perfect reference trace for in service fault diagnostics, with no extra cost.
How to buy
Working closely with you, we will create you a Fibre Testing Solution tailored to your needs. For details on how to get in touch for further information, please visit our how to buy page.