- Remote Fibre Test Systems
- FTTx PON Testing
PON Testing with FastLight
The FastLight fibre test system consists of a central server coordinating measurements by multiple PoP based OTDR's, Optical Test Access Switches in a range of sizes, and Test Access Filters (TAF/WDM) to allow in-service testing. The fixed PoP-based OTDR allows operators in customer-facing call centres to initiate tests. FastLight return Fault/NoFault diagnostics whilst the customer is still on the phone. If a fault is detected FastLight provides a fault location highlighted on a map, and a probable cause.
If no fault is detected on the network the customer can be informed that the problem is not network based and provide further telephone support or send an engineer to rectify the problem.
This not only reduces OpEx, it improves customer satisfaction levels and identifies provider responsibility (where Third Party equipment is part of the customers installation). Truck rolls and wasted manpower drastically increase OpEx.
- Improved customer service - test whilst the customer is on the phone, giving them immediate answers and offering an accurate timescale for fixes.
- Accurate fault information allows quick and efficient fault fixes.
- No unnecessary truck rolls.
- FastLight’s OTDR can find faults with or without reflectors near the customer's ONT, and it can locate a break or detect a fault after a splitter (up to 1:128).
- FastLight can identify faults affecting multiple customers, giving you the options to inform customers pro-actively of the fault or to reduce customer fault report traffic using a tailored announcement.
- Routine automated-testing can be used to help pre-empt faults by flagging up line degradation.
How to buy
Working closely with you, we will create you a FTTX PON Testing solution tailored to your network and requirements. For details on how to get in touch for further information, please visit our how to buy page.
FTTC Monitoring and Management >>
FTTB Overview >>